01 February 2009

"Don't Eat Blood."

Fit for this post to be on Sunday. My mother told me that I should not eat blood anymore because the Bible tells us so.
"But flesh with the life thereof, the blood thereof, shall ye not eat." (Genesis 9:4)
"For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off." (Leviticus 17:14)
This after I've been eating dinuguan (blood stew) for nearly all of my life.
Guess I'll just have to add this to "things I do behind my mother's back."

1 comment:

ShockingSchadenfreude said...

You should inform your mother about Leviticus, shellfish and the "bottom feeders"!

That should put a crimp in the lifestyle.

Of course, when push comes to shove, people find "suitable holes" in their belief systems to do what they actually want to do. ;-)