25 September 2008

Front Porch

Reading Sarah Vowell's "Assassination Vacation," I came across James Garfield's front porch campaign. The candidate literally campaigned in his house. His supporters would visit his home to hear him bloviate on his views. I kind of see his guests loitering in the lawn. This got me thinking what if 2008 candidates campaigned in their own front porches? I was really more interested in their houses. This may be how the HGTV bloc are voting: comparing home fronts.

John McCain's Arizona home.



Barack Obama's Chicago, IL home

1 comment:

ShockingSchadenfreude said...

It may not be obvious but BO's house is a bloody mansion.

I used to ride a bike past the house very long before BO even occupied the place.

It's a mansion I tell you. If you're in doubt, petition for their monthly heating bill and see what numbers you come up with.