31 July 2008

Age is Killing Me Softly ...

Dropped by Cafe Wha? in the Village this past week.
A place I go to where I re-acquaint myself with pop rock.
Who knew I liked "Drops of Jupiter" that much?
After a night there I always find myself rummaging through my records at home.
(Note to self: Download Journey and The Jackson 5 into my iPod.)
The house band is a cover band. Cheesy, I know. But the place is just plain fun.
Byron and Bryan (the guitarists, aka eye candies) are more playful with each other, which makes it fun to watch.
Some new vocalists this time that mostly deliver the goods.

While there, I wondered how many of the young 'uns know that "Killing Me Softly" was originally sung by Roberta Flack? A thought that made me feel old. On the other hand, how many of the middle aged folks there know that the version the band was performing is a cover by the Fugees being covered by the house band? A thought that made me feel young.

Below is a vid of Bryan and Byron singing and playing a love song to each other. Not really, but that's what I'm thinking in my head:

No comments: